Sunday, August 24, 2014

A Tribute to Sharon

My greatest supporter died the other day. She was a friend, a mother, a wife, a sister, and a strong believer in Christ. I first met her about 12 years again fresh faced and always smiling. I once saw her frown but even then there was a slight curve to her lips that said, I am always ready to smile again. She brought warmth to wherever she came. She came into my life through her sister Donna who volunteered with the Children's Home  for over a year. 

Later Sharon married and through much struggles finally started a family. What amazed me was one year she started to donate a large sum monthly to the ministry. I was blessed by her generosity but thought she may have made a year long commitment only But every year she continued and increased the amount yearly. What blessed me more than the money was the sense of encouragement she gave me  in this ministry. Those who are missionaries know the struggles we face financially and spiritually. How we rely on the caprice of others when we really need to rely on God himself. 

Sharon's anointing was not the money but the spirit of encouragement that accompanied her every action. She made me sense that God was for me and He was using her to send that message. 

She comes from a family that loves to help and encourage. Being in touch with her family always gave me hope and comfort. She exemplified that so much. She will be sorely missed by me and I know I will see that smile again. Her smile is etched on my heart.

To her family and friends I can only offer mere words of condolence but know this that the God who loves us all is in the midst of even this loss.

No comments:

Post a Comment