Friday, May 29, 2015

Tribute to Catherine Monticello - She chose me.

Catherine Monticello died the day my 4th great grand child was born. Two lives have begun…one on this earth and the other in heaven.

She is a special lady to me because she chose me. We have never met. We have never talked to one another. I don't know the sound of her voice or of her laughter. I have seen her smile in photos. I have wished to meet her faced to face... but not yet.

Her son, Brad Lewis, told me one Sunday in passing, "My mom is supporting you." I looked at him and smiled. In my mind I wondered why she chose me. At my church we support probably  100 missionaries. The church has a prayer book with each missionaries name and information about their ministry. I believe that's where she found me.

She faithfully sent a donation monthly for the past several years. Watching her on Facebook through photos gave me joy to see who this woman was who chose me.

Today when I read about her death, it touched my heart. Reading some of the comments from her family spoke volumes of the kind of mother she was.

I never had an opportunity to thank her face to face but I think she knows how her faithfulness blessed me. Her faithfulness was tempered by kindness, prayer and her love for the Lord. I knew her and know her in the spirit. That's how strong her presence is to me.

She chose me and made me glad.


No comments:

Post a Comment