Saturday, June 27, 2015

Brave New World?

My heart has been weeping over the supreme court decision but not because of their changes in the law. I have been weeping over how so many people are rejoicing over a lifestyle that God is against. Everyone can find a scripture that supports their views. I remember long ago when talking to a family member about their choices and she saying to me how Jesus forgave the woman caught in adultery,  period. She failed to read the next phrase spoken by our lord to go and sin no more!

God does not distinguish between white, black, Jew, gentile, Native American, foreign born, Arab, rich ,  poor, short, tall, fat, or skinny. Jesus died for everyone and we belong to Him. To deny that homosexuality is not a sin is to deny that murder is not a sin. It is written.

I so desire that my oil lamp will be full when he comes so I can go to Him and abide with Him forever. I pray that for all men. I pray that for my president who stood in a church one day preaching about God and another day praising the supreme court decision on the basis of civil rights.

This is not a civil rights issue. This is a moral issue.

Everyone has the God given right to choose the path they want to follow but no one has the right to circumvent the standard God has set for mankind. That is a dangerous precedent.

Yes, as so many have spoken from the Christian community…we love everyone…and they shall know we are Christians by our love.

I believe in the God of miracles and I declare that His love will bring many who may now feel triumphant in this day. God is not through with me yet nor is He through with any of us. His love will cover, heal, deliver, bless, convict, bind, uproot, and triumph over all.

Love, Myra




No comments:

Post a Comment